HOLIDAY SKIN READY
Preparing the skin
Dry body brushing before a massage or facial is a good thing in preparing the skin. Dry body brushing followed by an exfoliation treatment is very beneficial not just for the skin but also for our health.
Stimulation of the skin activates natural healing pathways within the body and can speed up the recovering time after an injury and stimulate the body’s normal inflammatory healing response.
It is a known fact that body brushing can improve healing and health.
WHAT CAN SKIN BRUSHING/EXFOLIATION HELP YOU WITH?
- Helps prevent premature ageing, skin wrinkles, it detoxifies, tones and tightens the skin.
- Helps the body to eliminate toxins, waste materials from the pores and toxic cellulite deposits by stimulating the skins elimination process.
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation and body temperature and is very effective if you suffer from cold hands and feet.
- It stimulates nerve endings in the skin therefore boosting the nervous system, all the tissues, organs in fact all the systems of the body.
- Also stimulates hormonal and oil producing glands resulting in a ‘rosy’ youthful complexion.
- Often relieves chronic muscular skeletal tension and headaches.
- Can stimulate the immune system and improves general health and well-being.
The primary goal of exfoliating is to remove dead, dry surface skin cells and promote a smoother, more even skin texture. And while all exfoliates provide these benefits, body scrubs work to slough dead skin instantly.
The benefits of body scrubs
Dead skin cells shed through normal daily activities. The efficiency of this process depends on a number of factors including your age, skin type.the products you are using, and your environment. The skin naturally renews itself every 30 days or so. This process happens when the outer layer of the skin, or epidermis, sheds dead cells and replaces them with new ones. When there is a build-up of of dead skin cells this is where body scrubs can help.
Body scrubs remove dead skin cells, and so provide several benefits:
- They allow your skin to absorb moisturizer better. Any moisturizer applied afterwards will soak into the skin more thoroughly.
- They unclog pores and prevent ingrown hairs. By regularly using a body scrub, you’ll unclog your pores.
- They leave your skin smoother and more even. When dry skin isn’t removed, it makes the skin rough to the touch and has a dull, cracked texture and appearance. By removing the dead, dry cells, you should have smoother and more even skin.
A facial is a skin care treatment that involves exfoliating and cleansing to eliminate dirt, dead skin, and impurities.
There are hundreds of pressure points on your face that are connected to various systems in your body. When these pressure points are massaged, your body responds to it. A good facial massage not just keeps your skin glowing, but it also affects the functioning of the other organs and reduces stress.
The benefits of a facial.
- Deep Cleaning
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Slow the Aging Process
- Improved Circulation
- Facials Help Detoxify the Skin
- Treat Acne And Acne Marks
- Eliminate Whiteheads And Blackheads
How often should you get a facial?
The general recommendation for a facial is every three to four weeks or once a month. That’s how long your skin’s life cycle is. After three or four weeks, your skin cells grow back. Facials help this process and assure your skin always glows.
Follow these facial massage steps to give yourself a treat at home.
- Cleanse Hands & Face
- Warm Product In Hands
- Use Gentle But Firm Pressure
- Start By Massaging The Lymph Area
- Knead The Sides Of Your Face
- Smooth Forehead Lines
- Take Extra Care Around The Eyes
- Finish With Your Neck & Decolletage
Treat yourself to a facial with me at https://www.ingoodhands-wellbeing.co.uk/facials/ It includes a massage of the face, neck/shoulders, head and shoulders an I can include a free back scrub. (please ask).
The facial includes a double cleansing of the skin, exfoliation, a mask, facial oil, eye tone cream, toner and moisturiser, leaving your skin looking and feeling fantastic.
The facial massage is a revitalising massage using gentle sweeping strokes to drain, uplift with pressure and reflex points on certain areas including the sinuses and drainage.
I use the lovely Neal’s Yard products in my facials and cover the main skin types
To enhance its naturally healthy condition, normal skin simply needs a little help to stay balanced and hydrated.
To be beautifully soft and supple, dry skin needs a little help in maintaining its natural moisture levels.
Sensitive skin is susceptible to everyday stresses such as harsh weather, so choosing the right product for your skin is key.
Oily skin needs a little help to control unwanted shine, without stripping away excessive natural oils.
How about a full body exfoliation/body scrub with me at https://www.ingoodhands-wellbeing.co.uk/body-brushing-and-exfoliation-treatments/plus body brushing with a body mask, moisturiser and a free back massage included, also included a full body brushing which has many benefits, including better circulation, improves appearance of skin helping to rid of dead skin cells.